The Delta by Marriott St. John`s:
A block of rooms is booked at the conference venue, the Delta by Mariott St. John’s at a discounted rate for all conference delegates. Please visit the following to book: Delta by Marriott St. John's. An Important note about the link – it will only populate rooms for the contracted nights. If you are trying to reserve pre & post nights it won’t accept the reservation and will need to be added manually please call 1-888-793-3582.
Please quote the Block Code: ACE when making reservations. Rooms and rates will be held for the period of August 6 to August 18, 2019 so you can come early or stick around for a vacation! Rooms will be available at the conference rate until Tuesday July 9, 2019. The Delta is located in the St. John`s City Centre (Downtown).
- All reservations must be guaranteed by Credit Card or master account; if a credit card is not available upon check-in a cash deposit will be required for incidentals and room & tax if not invoiced to a master account.
- Individual cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to avoid charges. If cancelled later or in case of a no-show, a charge of one night per room is applied.
- The Delta is a pet friendly hotel - $35.00 per night.
- The Delta is 100% smoke free – any violation will be charged $300.00.
- Check-in time is 3pm while check out is 12 noon. Early check-in or late check-out are not guaranteed.
There are other hotels situated nearby. To be within walking distance, refer to hotels located on Water St., Duckworth St., or Front St..
Other options to stay which are further out of the downtown core are listed below:
The Holiday Inn
The Super 8
Memorial University of Newfoundland
We have a block of rooms available for delegates at MUN.
1. Go to https://www.mun.ca/stay/book/ace2019.php
2. Enter promotion code ACE2019, choose dates, and the number of guests.
3. Click Next to enter personal and payment details.
- The promotion code only works when you book under the above reservation link and only for the nights of August 9-17, 2019.
- Please book by July 15, 2019. Any rooms not booked by that date will be released back into our general inventory with no liability on ACE. We will of course accept any bookings after that date on an availabilities basis but the bookings may be at a different rate or room type, and we may or may not be able to accommodate any late bookers near the delegates who booked before the cut off.
- Payment is due at the time of booking by Visa or MasterCard. On your credit card receipt there will be a transaction from SpeedyBooker (this is the company that powers our reservation system) and they are based in London, UK.
- To view the Cancellation terms please visit: https://www.mun.ca/stay/book/terms.php
- If you have questions related to booking please email stay [at] mun.ca.
TRAVEL to St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
Marine Atlantic provides marine transportation between the Island of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Province of Nova Scotia. Daily service is provided between North Sydney, Nova Scotia and Port aux Basques in south western Newfoundland (approximately 10 hours drive). A summer season route provides tri-weekly crossings from North Sydney to Argentia – 131 km from the city of St. John’s. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-341-7981 or online at www.marineatlantic.ca.
A variety of ferries or coastal boats operate on a year-round and seasonal basis servicing island and remote coastal communities. We recommend that you make reservations for local ferries prior to travel. For information regarding local ferry service call 1-800-563-6353.
When you travel to Newfoundland and Labrador by air, you can reach all areas of the province. Convenient schedules and flight times help you make your travel plans to suit your interests. ACE does have discount rates with Air Canada and WestJet (see below) and to travel within the province there is also: PAL Airlines and Air Labrador.
Approximate Travel times to St. John’s by Air
From Halifax: 1.5 hours
From Montreal: 2.5 hours
From Ottawa: 3.0 hours
From Toronto: 3.0 hours
Other airports within Newfoundland are accessible within a one-hour flight from St. John’s and it’s just a three-hour flight to Labrador. The St. John’s International Airport is 10 minutes from the city centre.
Please use promotion code: 98CZUQK1
- a minimum of 10 delegates is required to qualify for the special fares and the code can only be used for 20 passengers.
- The booking is to be made to St. John`s, NL
- The travel period begins Monday, August 5, 2019 and ends Thursday, August 22, 2019.
- Booking can only be done at aircanada.com
- Customers will benefit from an instant online registration and a 10% discount on eligible fares.
- Please direct all questions to the airline.
*Travel Agent use only
*Travel Agents – if booking in GDS use Promo Code
- Travel is from August 5th – August 22, 2019
- The offer is for 5% off Econo and 10% off EconoFlex and Premium fares for travel within Canada.
- 2% off Econo and 5% off EconoFlex and 10% off Premium base fares for guests travelling Trans-border
- Please visit www.westjet.com/conventions to book online.
Newfoundland and Labrador has a well-maintained highway system and a charter motor coach service is available to centres throughout the island. The City of St. John’s has a bus system operated by the city’s Metrobus. The province is serviced by all of the national car rental agencies. It is recommended that you reserve your car rental well in advance.
With so many memorable places to see and things to do, finding the best way to travel around Newfoundland and Labrador is as important as figuring out where you want to go. Our province is much larger than most travellers realize, with lots of open country.
Approximately 29,000 kilometres of shoreline wrap around our communities, trails, forests, parks, and historic sites. It's a big place. You can't wake up in St. John's and have breakfast in Gros Morne National Park. Once you get the lay of the land, you’ll have no problem finding your way around.
There are two parts to the province – Newfoundland is the island and Labrador shares a border with Québec on mainland Canada. To connect to the island from Labrador and vice versa you can fly, or take a ferry across the Strait of Belle Isle.
When planning a trip here, remember: while there are many ways to travel around the province, it takes planning and forethought. Book as much in advance as possible and plan your itinerary; demand is high for car rentals, accommodations, and ferry services during peak season.
For more information on Newfoundland and Labrador please visit the provincial tourism site and start planning today!
Destination St. John’s
Being the most easterly point in North America has its advantages.
For starters, we have our very own time zone. In Canada, the sun rises first on Newfoundland and Labrador. We’re the closest province to Europe, which means St. John’s harbour is a safe haven for transatlantic travelers and a bustling commercial port. We’re the youngest – and coolest – province in Canada, home to the oldest street in North America, and we’ve been welcoming adventurers from all corners of the world for over 500 years.
A city rich in culture, we honour tradition while embracing eclectic sophistication. Thirsting for adventure? It’s easily quenched by skirting the dramatic coastline on foot or enjoying a day on a boat. But it’s the colourful characters who are most memorable, in a place where strangers quickly become friends, and the local vernacular has you smiling and scratching your head all at once. Performances abound: sing along. Toe tapping is welcome.
Colourful experiences. Colourful characters. Colourful encounters. Make your destination St. John’s—you’ll be glad you did. Please visit Destination St. John’s for more information!
Since 1982, the McCarthy's Family have specialized in delivering authentic Newfoundland and Labrador experiences. Every tour, charter, and convention is lead by local guides who entertain with stories, spectacular scenery, songs, fun foods, and a first-class cultural adventure beyond compare. Visit their website to start planning your adventure: www.mccarthysparty.com